Try creative direct mail and you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the increase in your success rate. With the explosion of digital marketing in recent years, many traditional marketing techniques have fallen by the wayside. But, they still work!
Our clients have had great success with direct mail, particularly in the B2B market. In fact, one recent campaign which involved a creative direct mail was so successful it inspired this blog post! Unfortunately, we can’t share the details but our ideas below should give you some inspiration for a campaign of your own.
Why be creative?
- Encourage the recipient to open your mail.
- Stand out and be memorable.
- Create a great reason to follow up.
10 creative direct mail ideas
- Include a gift – it needn’t be expensive and can be quirky. We received a pair of pants once!
- Use a brightly coloured envelope
- Hand deliver your direct mail in a small box
- Create an unusually shaped mail piece
- Send a postcard
- Try a three-dimensional pop-up mailer
- Use an oversized envelope
- Involve the recipient with interactive mail – e.g. a message on a balloon which is only readable when the balloon is inflated
- Send a humorous greeting card, this could be seasonal
- Deliver it via courier to give it a sense of importance
Whichever method you choose make sure it’s relevant to your brand and the message you want to convey.
And remember that however creative your direct mail you will still need to follow it up. Read our tips for following up here.
Have fun with your direct mail! If you’re not sure what to do, we’d love to help so please get in touch.
Image credit: Pixabay