Google My Business (GMB) is a free tool that lets you manage how your business appears on Google Search and Maps. GMB listings show when people search for businesses and places near their location.
If you haven't set up your GMB listing yet, log into your Google account and go to google.com/business.
You should optimise your listing to maximise how often customers see your business in their local search results. Here are some tips:
Tips to optimise your Google My Business listing
- Complete each section as accurately and thoroughly as possible. Give customers as much information as you can.
- Write a strong business profile that highlights what you do and what makes your business stand out. Include words that people might use to search for your business.
- Add good quality photos that grab attention and help sell your business. Businesses with photos receive 35% more clicks through to their websites than those that don't have any.
- Ask your customers for reviews and respond to them (negative as well as positive). Engagement and positive reviews from your customers can push your business higher up in search as well as provide an endorsement to potential customers.
- Add posts to your GMB profile to share company/product updates. Posts appear at the bottom of your listing and allow you to create and share announcements, offers, new or popular items in stock, or event details directly with your customers. Posts more than a week old get archived unless a date range is specified.
Once you've done all the hard work setting up your GMB listing make sure you keep it up to date. Whenever any of your key business details change, update them on GMB.