Advertising Review & Rebrand
We have been working with Sidmouth-based Potburys since Spring 2011 when we were appointed to provide monthly marketing support on a retained basis.
Potburys, which consists of a furniture store, removal business and auction rooms, is a long-standing business with an established reputation in Sidmouth.
The furniture store had a loyal client base but wanted to broaden its customer base and attract new customers.
- We decided on a re-brand of the company’s visual identity to help remove some of the misconception that Potburys was a traditional ‘old fashioned’ business.
- Our graphic designer designed a new logo and corporate identify which was more modern and appealing to a slightly younger target audience yet still reflected the elements of quality and tradition which the business was well known for.
- We undertook an advertising review to determine whether Potburys was using advertising as effectively as possible.
- We identified significant cost savings simply by adjusting the size of Potburys’ adverts and reviewing the publications it regularly advertised in.
- We identified new advertising opportunities and negotiated discounts with existing media.
- We updated all adverts to reflect the new branding and make them more appealing to the target audience.
- Increase in new customers, both locally and from other geographic locations.
- Advertising expenditure reduced by approximately 50% whilst still achieving a broad exposure across a range of publications.
We have been really pleased with the service provided by Straight Marketing. I am extremely busy managing the day-to-day demands of the business and have little time to think about marketing. Alison takes the burden away for us and deals with our needs proactively and efficiently. I can relax knowing that our marketing is in safe, capable hands.
– Michael Lee, Managing Director