Our client is an NHS Trust with a purpose built education and research facility. The state of the art centre houses a number of meeting rooms, seminar rooms and lecture theatres, which are used to meet the training and development needs of the local NHS workforce.
Our client wanted to raise awareness of the centre as a business venue and engaged us to help promote the facility to the local business community.
We proposed holding an open event for local businesses. The event was positioned as a networking event with a keynote speaker to add value and encourage more business professionals to attend.
Our support included:
- Researching and developing the target mailing list.
- Designing, printing and mailing the invitation.
- Telemarketing follow up to invitees.
- Securing local press coverage.
- Promoting the event to local business groups and associations. Attending on the evening to assist with the event administration.
- Over 30 business people attended the open event with extremely positive feedback from all attendees.
- Three businesses have expressed an interest in booking the centre’s facilities having attended the event (one business is interested in booking the entire centre). Four businesses that were unable to attended asked to view the facilities on an alternative date.
Due to the success of this event the client is now considering making this a regular occurrence.
“Straight Marketing were a huge help to me with planning our first ever open evening and business networking event.Our aim was to publicise the centre as a conference facility and raise our profile throughout our surrounding areas. The fact that they covered vital aspects of the planning such as the database and telemarketing enabled me to concentrate on other important features of the organising, this relieved a lot of the pressure, which I was extremely thankful for.The event was a huge success and Alison from Straight Marketing was there from the start of the evening ready to help in any which way she could – Thank you.”
– Marketing & Operations Co-ordinator