Christopher Piper Wines is a West Country wine merchant supplying wine to restaurants, hotels and pubs.
Following a review of its marketing strategy, with which we assisted, and a subsequent brand refresh Christopher Piper Wines wanted to raise its profile. The key objective was to demonstrate Christopher Piper Wines’ heritage and authority to its target market, which is a tricky market to reach.
We agreed upon a PR campaign with the aim of gaining visibility amongst its target market by securing editorial coverage in three key target press.
- We devised the story angles and approached the relevant journalists to sell in the ideas.
- We acted as liaison between Christopher Piper Wines and the journalists – supplying background information, photographs and setting up interviews.
As a result of our efforts we secured the following coverage:
- Double page spread in Devon Life Summer 2016 issue.
- 3-page spread in the October issue of Devon Crumbs Magazine – ‘Ask the Expert’.
- Double page spread in the Saturday issue of the Western Morning News, ‘People’ section.
- Advertising value equivalent (cost of media space): £9,150.
“We approached Straight Marketing in 2015 as we felt our business needed help with marketing. Alison Jobson was thoroughly professional from the start and really helped us focus on identifying the key message we wanted to deliver. Since we engaged Straight Marketing our company has had tremendous success in securing good and above all relevant exposure in our key markets. We have no hesitation in recommending them.”
– John Earle, Managing Director