Event Marketing & Management
Bluegrass Group is a provider of outsourced IT support services to SMEs across the UK. We have been working with them as their outsourced marketing department since 2016.
Bluegrass has been developing its expertise in cyber security and wants to position the company as the ‘go to’ expert in the South West (and beyond). To achieve this they need to raise brand awareness and demonstrate their expertise.
We decided with them to run a week-long awareness week, ‘Cyber Security Awareness Week’, in Exeter to alert businesses to the growth in cyber crime and educate them on how to protect themselves.
We provided all event marketing support working alongside Blanchard Media who delivered the PR element. Our work included:
- Preparing all the marketing materials for the event which included promotional flyers, 20-page programme, banners and handouts.
- Promoting the event via the website and social media.
- Email marketing campaigns to attract event bookings.
- Setting up and managing the EventBrite booking system.
- Attending the events to assist with their smooth running.
- Follow up email marketing after the event.
The event was a huge success and resulted in the following (within 10 days of the event ending):
- More than 200 guests attended to hear 18 speakers at 11 events across six Exeter venues.
- All the guest speakers have expressed their interest in being involved in a future event.
- MPs and local business leaders including Matt Hancock, Minister of State for Digital and Culture; Ben Bradshaw, MP for Exeter; Karime Hassan, Chief Executive and Growth Director at Exeter City Council; Ben Rhodes, Chief Executive of Devon and Cornwall Business Council; and Michael Caine MBE publicly endorsed the event.
- Potential clients have come forward asking to know more about Bluegrass’ services.
- Existing clients have requested additional services.
- A university has invited Bluegrass’ chairman to become a guest lecture for their Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship programme.
Press coverage was secured across a range of media including local business press and radio.
We are already working with Bluegrass to provide another cyber security awareness week in one of their key target locations as well as a one-day refresher in Exeter later this year.
I wanted to express my thanks for your drive and commitment before and during Cyber Security Awareness Week. Without doubt, your skills helped us create a very successful event – way beyond our expectations! You don’t just work for us, you are part of our team.
– David Thomas, Chairman