New Service Launch
South West Forum (SW Forum) is a not-for-profit organisation that supports other voluntary groups, local authorities, health agencies, universities, other public bodies and businesses to help them build strong relationships and partnerships with voluntary and community groups.
Following reductions in public spending under the coalition government South West Forum needed to rethink its business model and seek alternative revenue streams. It identified a potential consultancy service offering and required assistance to develop this offering and market it to potential customers.
- Develop a marketing strategy and prepare a short-term marketing action plan to launch the new service offering.
- An in-depth consultation with SW Forum to understand the organisation, identify the key issues and understand the target market.
- Research into competitors and the marketplace to provide the platform for the marketing plan.
- Recommendations on branding, positioning and pricing.
- Develop and cost a 12-month action plan, taking account of limitations on finance and resource.
- A follow-up meeting to talk through the plan, resolve any queries and ensure that the plan met South West Forum’s requirements.
- A clear, structured 12-month marketing action plan that ensured marketing efforts were directed in the most effective way to secure take-up of the new service offering.
- Time and money saved in the long-term by not pursuing activities that are unlikely to be fruitful.
It was a pleasure to work with Straight Marketing. Their expertise helped us refine our ideas and shape them into a robust marketing plan that will play a key role in the success of our consultancy services over the next 12 months.
– Simon Mayell, Marketing & Communications Officer