Website Redevelopment Project
Family law specialist, Hartnell Chanot & Partners (now The Family Law Company) became our client in spring 2011. We were commissioned to provide marketing and business development support to the firm on a retained basis, effectively acting as an outsourced marketing department.
The website had become cluttered, difficult to navigate and had ‘lost its edge’.
- Prepare a brief for a website redesign and select a web design agency. This stage was critical as it was essential that the selected agency really understood the ethos of the business and could help articulate this through the design of the new website.
- Review the 1000+ pages on the existing site and draw up a revised site map/structure – in conjunction with a small web committee to ensure that all needs of the business were met.
- Act as the liaison between the web design agency and Hartnell Chanot throughout the entire process.
- Take control of the day-to-day, minor decisions taking major decisions back to the web committee.
- Write new content and transfer over relevant content from the existing site to the new site.
- The new site went live in January 2012.
- A fresh looking site which looks great, is much easier to navigate and yet still contains all the information and resources which the original site was highly regarded for.
- Hartnell Chanot had the security of knowing the site development was in safe hands and they did not have to be involved in the myriad of discussions and decisions required to get a site such as theirs to fruition.
Our website used to be cutting edge, however, it had become cumbersome overtime. From the beginning Straight Marketing took control of the project. They took all the day to day decisions, co-ordinated the whole project. This allowed us to get on with our business of helping clients. Alison at Straight Marketing ensured that the material from the old website was re-written and imputed into the new site. We now have a very slick, easy to use website. This has already attracted acclaim from members of our profession and the public.
This is a project we had wanted to do for a long time but never had the time, without Straight Marketing’s help I am sure this would still be on our wish list. We cannot thank Alison and Straight Marketing enough.
– Rachel Buckley, Director