How do you plan your marketing activity?
- launch into a marketing initiative or seize upon an opportunity without really considering what the end game is or how it fits into the bigger picture?
- have so many marketing ideas you just don’t know where to start?
- want to market your business but don’t know what to do?
Before you can even consider planning any marketing activity you need to take stock and ask some basic questions:
- What are you selling?
- Who are you selling to and where are they?
- Who are you competing with and why are you different or better?
- What do you want to achieve with your marketing (eg increase in sales volume or market share)?
- What are the priorities?
When you are clear about the answers to these questions you can review all the marketing options available and select the activities which are appropriate for you. Whenever a marketing opportunity presents itself match it against your objectives and see if it fits before rushing in.
By taking time to do a marketing audit of your business you will not only save time and energy but will ensure the most effective use of your marketing budget and maximise return on investment.
For any assistance with undertaking a marketing audit or preparing a marketing plan, give Straight Marketing a call!