Cisco Systems Inc estimates that 90% of web traffic will be driven by video by the end of 2013. If this weren’t a compelling enough reason alone, why should you incorporate video content into your website?
10 reasons to include video content on your website:
- Website with videos are 53 times more likely to have an organic first-page ranking than a traditional web page without video (Forrester Research)
- YouTube is the second highest search engine (under Google) and is owned by Google
- Video allows you to demonstrate your product, service or expertise – this is particularly useful if your product is hard to articulate
- Video enables you to bring some personality to your brand which the written word just can’t do
- Video can be syndicated more effectively than written content – printed words appear on just one site where as video can be embedded in hundreds of other sites
- Video works better on mobile devices than text – 28% of Internet usage comes from a mobile phone
- Video makes a website more interactive and engaging, which means people will stay on your site 4-5 times longer if it has video content
- Regular new video content can encourage visitors back to your site
- Video content can help you stand out from the competition – website video use is still in its infancy
- Video content enables you to engage with all audiences – adding video allows you to better reach visually-oriented customers that learn best by seeing things demonstrated rather than reading or listening to someone talk about it
You do not necessarily need a large budget to incorporate video content into your website but the 10 reasons above clearly demonstrate that is worth doing so.