We’ve already provided guidance on the benefits of blogging and what to blog about in our earlier blog posts so in this post we provide some suggestions as to how you can promote your blog. If you have taken the time to write something then you want to make sure that it is seen and read by as many of your target readership as possible.
8 ways to promote your blog
- Share your posts on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google +, Pinterest
- Send your posts to bookmarking sites such as Digg, StumbleUpon, Reddit, Delicious
- Add sharing buttons to each post so that your readers can share amongst their community
- Put a link to your blog on your email footer
- Share your blogs via an enewsletter
- Set up a RSS feed so readers can subscribe and be automatically informed when you post a new blog
- Comment on other relevant blog posts and include a link back to your blog
- Offer to write guest posts on other blogging sites
Whilst there are many options available to you to promote your blog caution should be exercised with some of these. Commenting on blogs just to promote your links and submitting content just for link exchanging is not good practice. Similarly putting the same blog post on all your social media channels might be overkill and annoying. Decide which are the most appropriate platforms/tactics for each blog and stick to those only.
At Straight Marketing we help a number of clients with their blogging strategy. If you would like to find out how we can help you please get in touch.