If you use MailChimp for email marketing you might be interested in the new MailChimp direct mail postcard option. Launched last month, MailChimp’s beta postcard direct mail service enables you to send printed postcards to your mailing list. Assuming of course that you have postal addresses in your mailing list!
Types of postcard campaigns
There are two types of postcard campaigns in MailChimp:
- One-time send – send a single, one-time postcard to the target audience of your choice.
- Recurring – automatically send your audience a postcard every month, every 3 months, or every 6 months, depending on the schedule you choose.
Creating your MailChimp direct mail postcard
Creating postcards is simple, just click the “Create Campaign” button and select “Postcard”.
Once you’ve named your campaign you’re presented with the following, simple to use editor screen. From this screen, you can select your mailing list and edit the front and back of the postcard. When you’re done, click “Send postcard” and your campaign is complete.
MailChimp direct mail postcard costs UK
Pros and cons of MailChimp direct mail postcard
- Easy to create
- Design and fulfilment in one-step
- Simple and low cost for small businesses
- Only one postcard size option
- No coating on the postcards so the ink may smudge in the post
- No personalisation option
- Limited design function
- No marketing automation integration
If you’re a regular reader of our blogs you’ll know that we’re huge fans of direct mail. We think this latest addition to the MailChimp marketing suite could be beneficial for small businesses and enable them to take a first step in direct marketing.
Image Credit: MailChimp