Case studies are one of the most powerful tools you can use to market your business. They tell a story and provide a real-life description of the impact your products or services have had on a customer.
Using cases studies to market your business will enable you to:
- Demonstrate your brand and prove that you do what you say you do. What could be more convincing that having a customer explain their experience and qualify your brand attributes?
- Bring your product or service to life. Seeing someone else’s experience can make it easier for a potential customer to envisage how your offering could benefit them.
- Prove your credibility and give reassurance to new customers with genuine endorsement and feedback from existing customers.
- Differentiate your business from your competition.
- Develop PR opportunities. Case studies are sometimes of interest to the media giving you the opportunity to get some editorial coverage.
- Keep your website up to date with fresh and relevant content. This additional content is interesting to potential customers and will help improve your search engine rankings
So, what’s not to love?! Case studies can be in article, audio or video format. A mix is good but choose what works best for your and your customers. Here’s a suggested template:
Case study template
A short description of the customer to give background and context.
What was the problem or issue that the customer was facing? Provide an overview of what they needed and the challenges involved.
How did you respond? Provide an outline of the solution, products or services you provided. Demonstrate how you went above and beyond or how your made the difference.
What were the end result and the benefits? Demonstrate how your expertise made a difference and how you helped your client.
Include a testimonial from the client.
If you can’t complete a full case study then a testimonial can be just as good.