A few weeks ago we wrote a post on video marketing – what it is and why you need to do it. We concluded the blog by promising to provide, in a later blog post, some ideas on what you could use video marketing for.
Content ideas for video marketing
- An introduction video – this is an opportunity to showcase your business, explaining who you are and what you do. An introduction video gives a human face to your company and some ‘behind the scenes’ insight.
- Staff video profiles – these enable you to introduce key members of staff and allow potential customers to get a feel for who they will be dealing with. It can be hard to convey a personality with words so video overcomes this. I have a video profile which you can view here.
- Product demonstrations – showcasing your products via video brings them to life and enables potential customers to see what they are getting. This helps them make a more informed choice about whether it’s right for them or not. There is substantial evidence that customers are more likely to purchase a product or service if they can watch a video explaining it beforehand.
- Case study videos – illustrate the customer experience by asking your happy customers to participate in a video case study. This helps potential customers identify with your product/service and gives them reassurance.
- Knowledge sharing – share your knowledge and expertise by answering questions or providing free advice. This type of video helps position you/your company as an expert in your field and will also help with your search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Instructional videos – videos that show how to set up or use your product can help with after sales service. Many people find it easier to watch a instructional video than follow written instructions.
- News updates – share the exciting things that are happening in your company or in your industry via video. It adds another dimension to a news page or blog. You can also use video to communicate important updates that your customers need to be aware of.
Remember when planning your video marketing strategy to always consider the audience you are trying to reach and ensure the video is relevant to them. Also think about what action you want them to take once they have watched your video as this will help determine what kind of video you will produce.
As with any marketing activity your video marketing strategy should fit into your overall marketing strategy.