I recently gave a presentation at Exeter Business Club, and one of the questions I was asked is, how do you attract new followers to your blog?
There is no magic formula, and often it just takes time, but there are things you can do to make your blog more visible and get more visitors.
9 ways to attract followers to your blog
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – use the Google Keyword Tool to hone your blog titles and apply the right keywords to your blog.
- Blog regularly – frequent content will help you build an audience quicker as there is more for them to engage with.
- Publish good quality content – only share valuable information that your target followers want to read and is relevant to them.
- Comment on other blogs – read and comment on other people’s blogs.
- Guest blog – contribute a blog to another blogger site.
- Host blog – invite another blogger, preferably one with a more significant following, to write a guest post for your site.
- Post a round-up blog – feature other people’s blogs that you’ve found useful in a round-up post.
- Share on social media – post your blogs on your social media channels and use appropriate hashtags to extend their reach.
- Share links – add a link to your blog in your email footer.
Overall perseverance is key, so be consistent with your activity and the followers will come.
Image credit: Pixabay